We're continuing our ongoing #MEETTHEMAMAS series with one of our very own amazing instructors here at FIT4MOM Folsom + El Dorado Hills: JEN!
Jen M. is a certified FIT4MOM Stroller Strides, Stroller Barre, FIT4BABY and Body Back instructor, and our NEW Playgroup Coordinator. She is FUN + THOUGHTFUL + STRONG+ INSPIRING (and we could go on and on, let's be honest), and she offers a CHALLENGING + ENCOURAGING class each and every time she shows up as an instructor.
You know her and we all love her ... let's meet JEN!
- Tell us about who is in your family. My family includes my husband Adam, daughter Evelyn (5), sons Ethan (3) and Owen (1).
- Current/previous career? I have a master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy but have to yet to work in the field due to my husbands job and the amount of times we move :) But, I waitressed for years, worked at Starbucks and worked for FIT4MOM Pearland, TX right after my daughter Evie was born.
- What are you doing when you aren't FIT4MOM-ing? I'm usually hanging with my kiddos at home or running errands.
- Favorite exercise? I love a good sweat! So if not a FIT4MOM class maybe either a spin class, HIIT or anything that gets my heart pumping and the sweat flowing!
- What are your three current obsessions? My 3 current obsessions are: Bravo TV, Starbucks Sweet Cream Vanilla Cold Brew and succulents.
- What is your dream day? Oh gosh! My dream day! It starts with a sleep in, hot coffee in my favorite mug, a little putter sesh, maybe a run or some kind of workout, a good shower with time for a blowout and makeup, lunch with a friend or two, pop in to see a matinee, afternoon delight and coffee date with the hubby, followed by a light dinner somewhere with a fabulous patio then home to a Netflix original and my pillow.
- What does being a FIT4MOM instructor mean to you? Being a FIT4MOM instructor has been so life-giving to me. Not only to I get to come along side these mamas to help encourage and strengthen them on this road called motherhood, but my cup gets filled while doing so. It's amazing to watch the VILLAGE grow and deepen with each passing week.