Welcome back to our monthly #MEETTHEMAMAS series where we feature our MAMAS here at FIT4MOM Folsom Lake.
This month, let's meet Christie House! This inspiring, hard working Mama of 2 has been a long time member and has dipped her feett in just about every class and program we offer! She always ALWAYS brings a smile, fun conversation, laughs, and a contagious motivating energy. We are so grateful for her dedication over the years. Let's get to know Christie a little more!
1. Hometown? Antelope
2. Who is in your family? My husband Adrian, 4 year old Zoey, and Kailey who turns 1 on February 21st.
3. Current or previous career? I work as an analyst for the CHP, I'm the Fleet Operations Section Captain's assistant.
4. Childhood dream/ambition? I really wanted to be a Physical Therapist and then it switched to an event planner. Still hoping to do something with the second!
5.What does motherhood mean to you? Oh gosh, it means the world. It's forever living with your heart walking around on the outside of your body, excited to see them learn and grown but fearful of them getting hurt. Wanting time to speed up, while hoping it slows down. It's also being the most frustrated and overwhelmed, but knowing that never in a million years would you change anything.
6. What is the furthest you have been away from home? The eastern Caribbean.
7.How did you find FIT4MOM? I was looking at classes when I lived in East Sac, but they didn't fit my schedule. When I moved up here my friend and fellow Fit4mom mom, Gabi, told me she had tried a couple classes out here. I signed up for a Body Back class that day and have been hooked!
8. How has it impacted your life? It gives me an awesome group of moms to meet with every week and allows me to feel comfortable at whatever fitness level I'm at currently. Working out while 8 weeks postpartum is a completely different feeling than 39 weeks pregnant in Fit4Baby or working out with a 3 year old but in this nonjudgmental community you just feel encouraged.
9. Favorite exercise? I love cycling, but a close second is HIIT. I love the feeling after Body Boost.
10. Proudest Moment? Aside from anything related to the birth of my girls, finishing the CIM. I happened to beat my best 10k, and half marathon times and was so ahead of my expected pace my parents were still driving to the finish when I crossed. I found out later that I was 5 weeks pregnant with Zoey.
11. Something about yourself that would surprise us? I won a karaoke contest and tried out for the tv show the Voice.