Welcome back to our monthly #MEETTHEMAMAS series where we feature our MAMAS here at FIT4MOM Folsom Lake.
This month we feature Jessica Kearney. This amazing Mama of 2 beautiful girls has been a long time member coming to Stroller Classes, Body Boost and enjoying our various events over the years. She is a Registered Dietitian with a passion for health, wellness, nutrition and fitness and honored us by sharing her vast knowledge of pre and postnatal fitness in a playgroup earlier this year. We love her energy in class, always working hard and inspiring others and adore her positive personality, always ready for some Mom talk and laughs. Let's get to know Jessica a little more:
1. Hometown?I was born in Livermore, raised in Pleasanton, California.
2. Who is in your family? My husband Brad, Thea (3.5yrs) and Eva (1.5yrs)
3. Current or previous career? I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. More specifically, I offer provide nutrition and breastfeeding support and services to pregnant women, infants and children up to the age of 5 with The Resource Connection WIC Program of Amador and Calaveras Counties (yeah, it's a mouthful)
4. Childhood dream/ambition? Growing up I wanted to be a Veterinarian or an Architect. Turns out there was too much math involved to become an architect for my liking and I didn't quite have the grades to be a Vet. I love being a dietitian now and couldn't imagine myself in another career field.
5.What does motherhood mean to you? This is a hard question. Being a mom means I am responsible for human beings and knowing that my actions and beliefs will mold these tiny humans into who they will become, it is terrifying and powerful. And something that I am most proud of.
6. What is the furthest you have been away from home? I've been to the Carribean a few times. I am not a fan of flying and haven't been brave enough to be stuck on an airplane for longer than the flight to Florida, or Hawaii.
7.How did you find FIT4MOM? I found FIT4MOM's booth at an event at the CSD park in EDH. I started right when they started offering classes at the CSD park since it is so close to home and we usually walk to the park.
8. How has it impacted your life? FIT4MOM has introduced me to an amazing group of women. I have made a bunch of new friends and have felt an empowering sense of community. I love the play groups and have recreated activities at home. And of course, it has made me be more consistent w/ cardio workouts
9.Favorite exercise? Anything core or shoulders. Big no thank you to burpees and cardio.
10. Proudest Moment? My proudest moment would be just being a mom in general- it is no joke- but I feel like I am (usually) doing ok at it.
11. Something about yourself that would surprise us? I learned to ski when I was 2 years old, and it is something we spend a lot of time doing during the winter.